Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of the 2017 carnival on Saturday, 9 September. Memories were created once again for all who took part despite the heavy showers at times.
The winners of Carnival Float competition were:
1. Gnome from Gnome (Leekes, Cross Hands) – £100 + perpetual cup
2. Giddy Up (Black Lion Road) (£50)
3. Madagascar (Cae’r Ffair) (£25)
In a generous gesture, the members of winning float will be donating the £100 prize to the British Liver Foundation.
The winner of the ‘Guess the Cost of the Hamper’ competition was Robert Evans, Black Lion Road whose entry of £42.29 was only 28p off the actual cost of £42.57.
The winning numbers in the Raffle Programme draw are:
1. 212 – Microwave Oven (Co-op, Cross Hands) – Tony Price, Cross Hands Road, Gorslas
2. 358 – £30 Gift Voucher (Tafarn y Phoenix, Gorslas) – Branwen Davies, Norton Road, Penygroes
3. 534 – Sunday Meal for 4 (Caffi at y Llyn, Gorslas) – Myfanwy Thomas, Furnace, Llanelli
4. 352 – £20 Gift Voucher (Tafarn y Phoenix, Gorslas) – Irene Jones, Black Lion Road, Gorslas
5. 653 – Sunday Meal for 2 (Dwbi’s, Cross Hands) – Morton Jones, Station Road, Pontyberem
Tony Price received his 1st prize from Cross Hands Co-op staff members Philip Price (left) and James Evans (right).
Also 2 umbrellas were left behind in the marquee. Please contact Gwenda Davies 01269 843535 if you think one is yours.
A big thank you to everyone who contributed to the success of the event including the programme advertisers and local haulage companies as well as those who created the excellent floats and those who volunteered to help on the various stalls in the marquee.