The Gorslas Welfare Association organises events during the year to enhance the quality of life for all residents in our community. The Association also supports the work of Gorslas Community Council in providing the best possible play area facilities at the Welfare Park.
Gorslas Carnival 2019
Thanks to everyone who contributed to the success of the carnival on Saturday, 15 June.
The winning float at this year’s event was ‘Man on the Moon’ entered by a group of Penygroes parents. The £100 prize will be donated by them to the Noah’s Ark Appeal for the Children’s Hospital, Cardiff.
Second place and a £50 prize went to Gorslas PTA for their ‘Glastonbury’ float and the £25 for 3rd place was won by the ‘Cymru Am Byth’ float from Ffordd Werdd, Gorslas.
The winner of the ‘Guess the Cost of the Hamper’ was Gareth Jones with £28.35. The actual cost was £27.99.
The raffle was drawn by Beverly Owen and Angharad Price and the winning numbers were:
1. (134) – John Jones, Gorslas (£30 Voucher – Morton’s Fine Foods, Cross Hands)
2. (357) – Lana Davies, Gorslas (Sunday Meal for 4 – Caffi ar y Llyn, Gorslas)
3. (347) – Denise Sullivan, Swansea (£20 Voucher – Morton’s Fine Foods, Cross Hands)
4. (352) – Michelle Wheland, Swansea (Sunday Meal for 2 – Dwbi’s, Cross Hands)
5. (367) – Hannah Rees, Gorslas (Brains Jacket – Tafarn y Phoenix)